23 December, 2011

Of droughts and flooding rains

Not long after I started this moderately amusing waste of time, I wrote briefly of a visit to Ballarat.  When I was there in January 2008, Lake Wendouree had dried up in the drought and the lake needed mowing in some places.  When I went there again a year later, a grass fire had started in the lake. 

This is old news, but thanks to recycled water and some massive deluges, Lake Wendouree is being rehabilitated. 






I think the locals are happy about it too


Soundtrack to the trip:

Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me
Le Show
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
Bang! - World Party
Thirty Three & ⅓ - George Harrison
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby and the Range
All That You Can’t Leave Behind - U2
Australian Idle - Tim Freedman


  
 

1 comment:

  1. Moderately amusing waste of time. I've been looking for a way to describe blogging.

    The word verification is "wanton". Read into that what you will.

    ReplyDelete